MARIE-SKLODOWSKA CURIE ACTIONS – POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS 2022
Call Opening date: 13 April 2022
Call Deadline: 14 September 2022
IMDEA Nanociencia is inviting Expressions of Interest from potential international postdoctoral researchers who are interested in applying for a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022.
The Postdoctoral Fellowships action targets researchers holding a PhD who wish to carry out their research activities abroad, acquire new skills and develop their careers.
Fellowships may also include short-term secondments anywhere in the world during the fellowship. Researchers can receive additional support to carry out a placement of up to 6 months in a non-academic organisation based in an EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country at the end of their fellowship.
The grant provides an allowance to cover living, mobility and family costs. In addition, the EU contributes to the research, training and networking costs of the fellow, as well as to the management and indirect costs of the project.
IMDEA Nanociencia is a Severo Ochoa research centre of excellence and it offers an attractive international working environment with more than 40 operative research laboratories. This international atmosphere is coupled with strong interdisciplinary research which is organized around 6 programmes:
- Nanotechnology for energy harvesting
- Quantum materials at the nanoscale
- Nanotechnology for healthcare
- Nanomagnetism for Information and Communication Technologies
- Ultrafast phenomena at the nanoscale
- Sustainable nanotechnologies and critical raw materials
IMDEA Nanociencia Research Groups welcoming Expression Of Interest:
- Metallodrugs to Modulate Cancer Cell Machinery - Dr. Ana Pizarro
- Nucleic Acids and Nanoparticles in Nanomedicine - Prof. Alvaro Somoza's group
- Molecular Nanoscience on Surfaces - Prof. David Écija's group
- Chemistry of Low Dimensional Materials - Prof. Emilio Pérez's group
- Nanostructured Photovoltaics - Dr. Enrique Cánovas' groups
- Magnetic Nanoparticles - Dr. Gorka Salas' group
- Nano Functional Surfaces - Prof. Isabel Rodríguez's group
- Switchable Nanomaterials - Dr. Jose Sánchez Costa's group
- SpinOrbitronics - Dr. Paolo Perna's group
- Neuronal Interfaces - Dr. Teresa González's group
- Biosensors in Neuroscience - Dr. Valle Palomo's group
- should have a PhD degree at the time of the deadline for applications. Applicants who have successfully defended their doctoral thesis but who have not yet formally been awarded the doctoral degree will also be considered eligible to apply.
- must have a maximum of eight years experience in research, from the date of the award of their PhD degree, years of experience outside research and career breaks will not count towards the above maximum, nor will years of experience in research in third countries, for nationals or long-term residents of EU Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries who wish to reintegrate to Europe.
- should comply with mobility rules: they must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately before the call deadline.
The researcher may be of any nationality and no age restrictions apply. The grant is awarded to the host organization. Only one proposal per individual researcher may be submitted to this call.
As from 2022, the EC will apply resubmission restrictions for applications that received a score below 70% the previous year.
Seals of Excellence will be awarded to applications with a total score equal to or higher than 85%, but which cannot be funded due to lack of budget available under the call.
How to express your Interest in a MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship at IMDEA Nanociencia
Eligible candidates (see criteria and relevant information in the Guide for Applicants) should express their interest by 17th June 2022, by providing:
- An updated CV (max. 2 pages plus full list of publications).
- A Research proposal summary (max. 2 pages).
- A letter of interest with the motivation to join IMDEA Nanociencia (max. 1 page).
IMDEA Nanociencia will provide candidates with academic and administrative support for their proposal development. Candidates will be invited to participate in an online MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships training session.
We look forward to hosting you at IMDEA Nanociencia!